2017 CHILE PEPPER CHALLENGE
Sunday, October 1, 2017
6701 Westside Drive
El Paso, Texas
ONLINE AND MAIL-IN REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE AT PACKET PICK-UP ON SEPTEMBER 29-30, OR BEFORE THE RIDE ON OCTOBER 1. SEE PACKET PICK-UP LOCATIONS BELOW.
The Chile Pepper Challenge is El Paso’s premier cycling event. Over 900 cyclists line up for an epic ride through the scenic and historic Mesilla Valley over country lanes covered by pecan orchards and lined by New Mexico’s world renowned chile fields.
The Chile Pepper Challenge offers routes and distances for cyclists of all skill levels and ambition. Five ride alternatives and start times are available (Click for map and directions):
- 100 miles — 7:00 a.m.
- 61 miles — 7:30 a.m.
- 40 miles — 8:00 a.m.
- 25 miles — 8:30 a.m.
- 10 mile — 9:00 a.m.
Each ride is fully supported with rest stops, route markings and SAG vehicles. Snacks, water and port-a-potties will be provided at all rest stops.
All rides start and end at Grace Gardens. After the ride enjoy food, drinks, and vendor booths.
Each year the Chile Pepper Challenge raises thousands of dollars for local charities. This year all proceeds will go to the benefit of the The Humane Society of El Paso. The Humane Society of El Paso is a non-profit shelter dedicated to building a better community of all animals through education, adoptions, foster-care, volunteer work and community events. The Humane Society is the oldest and largest no-kill animal shelter in El Paso, in continuous operation for over 66 years.
- Begins July 1, 2017. Online registration closes at midnight, MDT, on September 26, 2017.
- Mail-in registration must be received by September 25, 2017.
- Registration also available at Packet Pick-Up on September 29-30, 2017, and before the ride at Grace Gardens on October 1, 2017.
- Early: $30 — Must be received on or before August 31, 2017
- Regular: $40 — September 1-25, 2017. Regular rate also applies to in-person registration at Packet Pick-Up September 29-30, 2017
- Ride Day: $45 — October 1, 2017, before ride
- Riders under age 16 accompanied by a paid adult rider are free!
- Friday, September 29, 2017, 4:00-7:00 p.m., Desert Fox Cyclery (East /Central), 6999 Montana Ave, El Paso, TX
- Saturday, September 30, 2017, 2:00-6:00 p.m., Crazy Cat Cyclery (Westside), 5650 N. Desert, El Paso, TX
- Sunday, October 1, 2017, before the ride, starting at 6:30 a.m., Grace Gardens, 6701 Westside Drive, El Paso, TX
2017 Chile Pepper Jerseys and T-Shirts
Our 2017 Chile Pepper Challenge jersey is a custom creation of El Paso-based Ritex Manufacturing. For more information about Ritex products, go to ritexmanufacturing.com.
- Jerseys are available in both men’s and women’s styles and sizes, ranging from XS to XXXL.
- T-shirts and socks also available!
- All clothing sales available online with event registration.
- Please order by September 10, 2017, to ensure delivery with rider Packet pickup. Jersey: $80.00; T-Shirt: $15.00; Socks: $10.00
SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED BY