Nearby 2017 Cycling Events
Tour de El Paso
Mission Valley Duathlon
Tour de Tolerance
Eagle in the Sun Triathlon
Fort Davis Cyclefest
Tour of Ruidoso
Cycle for Change
Tour of Las Cruces
Everyone is welcomed to ride with the El Paso Bicycle Club. You do not need to be a club member to join us. A complete list of all the club sponsored rides can be found by clicking on the link above. The Club usually sponsors a ride every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year. Unless otherwise indicated, weekend rides are usually for road bikes. During daylight savings time the club holds two week day evening rides – a BIG ride on Tuesday, and a leaderless ride on Wednesday. BIG rides are suitable for a road, mountain or hybrid bike. Leaderless rides are typically for road bikes. Most weekend rides and all BIG rides will have a designated ride leader. The ride leader will publish a route, set the pace and provide support if you break down or become stranded. The pace, distance, and route of leaderless rides will be determined by the riders.
If you are looking for a group to ride with, whether you live in El Paso or are visiting from out of town, we welcome you.
So that the ride safe and fun for the entire group, please adhere to these rules:
- Helmets – You must wear a helmet at all times while riding. We require all riders to wear an ANSI/Snell certified helmet on all rides. No exceptions, no helmet, no ride.
- Ear Buds – Not allowed on group rides. You must be able to hear other riders call out road hazards, turns and stops.
- Aerobars – its okay to have areobars on your bike, its not okay to use them when riding in a group.
- Sign In – The group leader will provide a sign-in sheet. It asks for your name, address, cell phone, home phone and emergency numbers. Please carry a cell phone and list that number on the sign-in sheet so we can call you if you get separated from the group.
- Flat Tires – Be prepared for a flat tire. At the minimum you should have a spare inner tube, air pump or CO2 cartridge, and tools to repair or change a flat. Ride leader(s) will be able to assist if you are unsure about how to change a flat tire.
- Start Time – Be ready to ride at the stated ride time. The time listed on all rides is the time of departure, not when riders start to gather. The ride leader will begin the ride description a few minutes prior to the departure time. At a minimum you should arrive 15 minutes early to sign in and hear the ride description. If you need time to air up, put on your gear and prepare your bike for the ride please plan additional time prior to the ride departure. Ride leaders will leave on schedule.
- Stay with the Group – The ride leader is there to keep the group together and make sure all riders complete the ride safely. If you plan to take an alternate route or leave the group early please inform the ride leader in advance. Otherwise we will report you as missing and release the hounds.
Please make sure both you and your bike are in condition to ride the stated distance and pace.
Join us, have fun, and have a great ride!