El Paso Bicycle Club
b.i.g. Program (Scroll down for calendar)
Check Meet-Up as posted calendar is subject to change
Session starts at 6:00 p.m. Ride starts at 6:15 p.m.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to prep for the ride
Join us every Tuesday for a quick learning session on various cycling skills, followed by a beginner-friendly ride through the lower valley country roads. Perfect for those who are wanting to learn riding skills, or those wanting to build up to riding longer distances. Progressively longer rides are held on Saturdays and Sundays about every three weeks. Great program to get you ready for the Chile Pepper Challenge! No one is ever left behind! Riders younger than 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
• Helmet is required • No ear buds • Bring water bottle • Wear comfortable riding clothes
- June 6 Know How to Handle your Bike
- June 13 Group Riding Techniques
- June 20 Pace Line Techniques
- June 27 Rules of the Road
- July 4 NO RIDE – Independence Day Holiday
- July 10 Sunday 30 Mile Distance Ride – Tentative
- July 11 Basic Bicycle Maintenance
- July 18 Interval Training
- July 23 Sunday 40 Mile Distance Ride
- July 25 Hill Climbing
- August 1 Road Hazards and Tips
- August 5 Saturday 50 Mile Distance Ride
- August 8 Ride Nutrition and Hydration
- August 13 Sunday Metric Century 62 Mile Distance Ride
Session calendar and topics subject to change.